Thursday, July 19, 2007

More Zucchini

O.K. I have played with this flickr thing long enough. I need help if anyone can explain how to make it work. I would appreciate any advice.

Here is something I do understand it's another zucchini recipe. For breakfast I made a Persian Zucchini Omelet. I have a cookbook By Copeland Marks on Sephardic Cooking. This is based on one of his recipes but changed to use what I had on hand this morning.

Persian Zucchini Omelet

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red pepper sliced into small thin pieces
1 small zucchini cut lengthwise into 4 sections then sliced thin
1 or 2 cloves garlic crushed
saute this in a nonstick skillet until the vegetables are soft.

In a bowl mix together 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (instant are fine or leftovers)
a little salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sumac (Ghossain's has this)
and the cooked zucchini and pepper

Add 4 beaten eggs and mix briskly.
Add a little more oil to the skillet and turn the omelet mixture into the skillet, cover and fry over low heat for 5 minutes. Turn the omelet over, cover and fry 3 to 5 more minutes. It should be lightly brown on both sides. (if you turn it without breaking it your better than I am)

We had this with English muffins, Yum.

1 comment:

Michele M said...

I love sumac! Thanks for the recipe.