Wednesday, July 18, 2007

O.K. I'm back. Sorry it was so long between recipes. I've had Laryngitis and bronchitis during the busiest week of my summer. I'm fine now and it is zucchini time. First some business to take care of. I have been slowly working on the list of things.
I have:
1. read about the blogs
2. read about the 7 & 1/2 habits
3. Set up my blog
4. registered my blog and
5. explored Flickr (now if I can just get it to do things)

Now that that is done lets talk zucchini.
Today I will share with you my favorite zucchini dish. It is very easy and so good. This is originally from the cookbook Flavors from the Seventh Ward. This book was a fund raiser cookbook from 1997. I don't feel I should list the cook who submitted the recipes without her permission. I'm sure she wouldn't mind my sharing it with you.

Zucchini Appetizer
3 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
dash of pepper
4 eggs (or equivalent egg substitute)
1/2 cup chopped parsley (optional)
one or two cloves crushed garlic
1 cup Bisquick or Jiffy mix (both work fine)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch casserole. Mix all ingredients except the zucchini. Mix or beat well, then add the shredded zucchini and stir to blend. pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Done when a knife inserted in to the middle come out clean.

No comments: